Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

Sooooo...... last night my sister Janet and I took Maddy and Thatcher trick-or-treating. What an event! Jess was still a little too sore to walk around with the kids after just having Ruthie a few weeks ago, so Janet and I walked the walk!



They looked so cute in their costumes. Miss Madeline was a (good) witch - Grandma Conte made her costume for her. She sure was rocking her boots!



Mr. Thatcher was quite the adorable (argh) pirate! Daddy gave him some facial hair to boot and my, my, my... too cute!



So I'm thinking that I may not do this trick-or-treat thing until I have kids (which at the rate I'm going may be never)! Just kidding! I was literally dragging Thatcher along while he stared in awe at everything and everyone around him! I kept saying, "walk Thatcher, walk"! I was afraid I was going to pull his arm out of the socket! Additionally, he just would not let go of my finger, so of course I had to go to each and every door with them...and then had to drag them both away! It was exhausting! ;P



But seriously, I had a wonderful time with them. They are just so full of life and have a desire to experience everything they come in contact with. There was this really big guy (teen) that had on camouflage, with twigs and branches covering him. He came out of nowhere and startled me so I said, "whoa! stealth mode"! So Maddy thought that was his name and she kept saying, "that Stealth Mode was really scary. Stealth Mode needs to stay away from us so he doesn't scare us"! Super cute!

Maddy was busy trying to keep her hat on because it was so windy. I told her it was a good time to jump on her broom and fly away but she was afraid she might fall off if she got too high in the air! taa-haa! Aren't kids great?!



I don't know how Thatcher was carrying his pumpkin full of candy! That thing was full and super heavy. He kept dragging it on the ground and slapping it against him and I tried to help carry it for him but he kept reaching his hand out and wanted to carry it himself!



I enjoyed raiding their candy after we got back to grandma and grandpa's house! Really, I only took ONE Reese's Cup and that was it (of course I did take three to go... shhh... don't tell anyone)!

Little Miss Ruthie was super adorable as a "leopard kitty" as Maddy called her! Here she is just chillin' with Grandpa Conte... All in all, great fun was had by all!

3 comments:

Jones said...

awww, my babies are so precious!

thanks again, they loved hanging out with their Auntie's!

Janet said...

Their costumes are so cute!! Sounds like they had a great time :)!!

Janet said...

Jill, get busy on your crazy 8's, I meant for both Jills to participate!!! :)