Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Update

So I guess I better update my blog (or so my sister keeps telling me). Had to work last Friday.. :( My company decided to go to a 9/80 work week. so what that really means is that instead of enjoying half Friday's (working 7:30-11:30 AM), we now have every other Friday off... it's ok I guess (def better on gas savings) BUT it is soooo hard to work a full Friday!

So I headed to the beach after work on Fri to just hang out and watch the waves break. It is so relaxing. A storm was fast approaching so I was only able to stay for about an hour. My sister Jessica called Sat morning and wanted to have a girls day out (she's trying to stay active to encourage baby to come out).

So my mom, sisters, and I headed to Red Lobster for lunch. That was yummy. Then we went to check out Rocky's Art classroom at FAA and then to Barnes & Noble to see the display of artwork from his classes. It was pretty cool. We went back to mom's house (where papa tried to entice us to LEAVE - so sweet he is) and played a game of Pay Me (aka Nickel Nickel). I'm usually pretty good at the game but Janet beat us all! We won't speak of teaching mom to play and her "game playing" taa-haa! We love you Mom!!! Later we decided to go and see "Nights in Rodanthe" based on the book by Nicholas Sparks. Good movie but bring tissues!!! His books always make you FEEL a variety of emotions (usually sad), which is right up my alley.

So here I am at work. Jessica called this morning to tell me "today is the day"...we shall see - when will baby Ruthie be ready?! The race is on between her and my sister-in-law Betony. Their due dates are only 2 days apart (and Jess's was yesterday)! I haven't seen pics of Betony, but Jess has DROPPED so low, I don't know how she can move, let alone walk! Poor thing! She never dropped like this with Maddy or Thatcher. I sure hope today IS the day (anything to get me away from work)! tee-hee!

I'm trying to grow my bangs out and they're in the "awkward" stage now and it's driving me crazy! I still can't beleive I cut my hair so short (Amber should be happy :))!

Grrrr.... just grow out already!

2 comments:

Jones said...

oh goodness, I already know Betony is going to beat me...this baby is WAY too comfortable! lol

Betony said...

Per your request I posted a picture today. Enjoy! Oh, and this baby ain't coming our any time soon!