Friday, October 17, 2008

An Auntie for the 9th Time!!!

OK! I am an Aunt for the 9th time! Hurry up Betony and give me my 10th!!!

Today was a beautiful (and LONG) day. My sister Jessica headed to the hospital around 6:45AM today to start the inducement process for Baby Ruthie. I headed there around 9 AM to help keep them company. I was hoping she would have Ruthie sometime in the morning... WRONG!

I'm sure Jess will blog about all the details once she gets home so I will let her tell the main story. What I want most to say is that watching a child come into this world is one of THE most AMAZING things you can ever witness. What an absolute miracle. I tear up just thinking about it. I wish so much I could experience the wonder of creating and carrying such a miracle; to actually feel life growing within...AMAZING.

Sooooo..... without further ado... WELCOME BABY RUTHIE ADELE JONES!!! This sweet angel came into this world at 6:11 PM, weighed 8 lbs 7 oz. and is 21" long. She is a bundle of absolute beauty. I can see both Maddy and Thatcher in her (her two siblings) but probably favors Maddy a little more right now. And her cry sounds just like Maddy...oh boy, another drama queen!!!

I got some really good shots of the birth but I will let Jess decide which "birth" pictures she wants to show everyone so keep an eye out for her update coming soon (probably Sunday or Monday). So for now, these will have to do!

Here's the big girl!




The "Thank Goodness She's OUT" Momma...



Happy Parents...



Gramma Conte...



Auntie Jill (she's looking at me!)



Auntie Janet



Happy Feet...Bye Bye for now!!!

2 comments:

jello said...

Thanks, Auntie Jill! Everyone looks great! It's so nice they let you witness the birth. You will get your turn soon, my dear. I hope your man finds you soon! We'll see you in a few weeks!

Jill and Kevin said...

How neat that you got to be there for Ruthie's birth. I don't think I was all there for Alice's birth. It is a wonderful and amazing experience though. I hope you are doing well. We miss you.