Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tropical Storm Fay

WOW! This has been some crazy weather! So they let us leave work yesterday around 2 PM... of course that was just about the time that the weather really started to kick up. It was getting worse and worse the further south I drove to get to my house. The storm raged on pretty good last night too.

As I check
ed the emergency number for work this morning it said that we were supposed to go in around noon - HA! I don't think so! I checked again around 11 AM and the message had changed to let us know that they were not going to open the site after all... oh how gracious of them! But wait... we will of course have to make up the time. Sooooo ridiculous!

Anyhoo - so I looked out the windows this morning and I saw some flooding in the swell in front of my house. That was to be expected. Then I checked again later around 11:30 AM and holy cow! I couldn't see my street! The street is completely flooded as well as almost half my yard. I'm so thankful that my house is up a little higher!

Travis Berger and Brad Noel came over to check on
me and my house and to see if I needed anything. I thought that was very thoughtful and am most appreciative.

So I just went outside to mak
e sure I got some pictures of the flooding well worhty of a boat ride outside my house!

Here's a shot taken from the top of my driveway














My poor mailbox! Help me I'm going under!













Here's a good part of my front yard and the street - can you see it? Neither can I!













I imagine I will have to go into work tomorrow, however, I don't know how I'm going to get there, seeing as I don't have a boat!

2 comments:

Jones said...

so crazy!! however now that the rain has let up some, our flooding in draining fairly quickly!

hope your does too!!

....we should have all gotten together last night and stayed the night at Mom's...then we could have played cards ALL DAY!!!

jello said...

...merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily. life is but a dream.

Seriously, though. After the fires and the floods, I think you can count your blessings that you and your home are still safe.