Wednesday, January 14, 2009

December Update #1 - GRADUATION!

WoooHooo! December 13, 2008 turned out to be a fine day indeed! The morning was crisp and cool. As I drove to FIT I was so excited that this day had finally come. After working for 3 long, hard years (while also working full-time) the time had finally come to walk across the stage and be recognized for every agonizing second of study groups, term papers, LATE nights, team projects, individual projects, research papers, midterms, finals, homework, paper after paper, study after study, and the absolute WORST and BANE of my graduate program.... ECONOMICS!!!!! Ahhhhh..... I did it!

The graduating class met in the Assembly Hall where we were properly hooded and given our seat assignments. As time drew near, I chatted excitedly with my fellow graduates (the Northgrop Grumman cohort). We had been through these 3 years together and it was great to celebrate our accomplishment together.

As we headed out to the auditorium, all of the professors were lined up on either side of the walkway, applauding as we passed by. It was so exciting to see some of my professors there, cheering us on. What a wonderful feeling. As we marched inside the auditorium, I was able to see my family! There they were, cheering and smiling - 13 in all! I was so happy I could hardly contain myself. My family had suffered right along with me I think - listening to all my whining and complaining! How exciting for them just the same, I'm sure!

Before they called the Graduate degrees, they started with those receiving their Doctorate. That was cool to see. Those receiving their Doctorates were "hooded" on stage and it was so cool that I ALMOST started thinking, "hmmmmmmm...." but NO! rest assured my friends and family.... no desires to continue on...at this point in time! tee-hee

My group (Business) was the first group of "Master's" to be called. It was so exciting to walk the stage and hear my name called!


My dad, step-mother Carole, and step-sister Kelly came from NC for the special occasion. I was so happy to have so much family to celebrate with me. The day before graduation I had a nice linch at Red Lobster with my dad, Carole, Kelly and sisters. My dad and Carole suprised me with a beautiful graduation gift. A ring with my birthstone(yellow topaz) and diamonds on the sides. I really love the ring and appreciate the love.


After graduation ceremony, there was so much running around to find family and friends for pictures! Here are just a few...

Mom and Step-dad showing some love!


Dad, Carole & Kelly



My sisters!!!



Sweet niece Maddy - she loved my cap!

Me and the NG Peeps! (almost all of us)

We had a party at my house after graduation. My mom really went all out - she is AWESOME! Not everyone who RSVP'd showed up so I felt bad for all the effort my family put into making the party special for me when not everyone showed up! I guess December is a bad time... But I had fun anyway with all of those who did show up - thank you for making my day super special for me! Love to you all who helped support me through the rough and tough times of my graduate degree program!

1 comment:

jello said...

JIIILLL! So awesome to hear about your graduation. We would have loved to have been there. Give yourself a nice pat on the back and big hugs from all of us. Loved the pictures of everyone. Congrats and Way To Go!!!