Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend News

So what a crazy weekend... Saturday night was great. My mom, Jessica and I had a girls night out (Janet wasn't able to come). We went to see Mama Mia in the theater and oh what great fun! We've all seen the play and they did such a great job with the movie adaptation. It was a sing-a-long movie and you can bet we were singing our hearts out! I love ABBA (thank you Amber for introducing them to me way back at Rick's College)! After the movie, my mom had made reservations at the Melting Pot for dinner. This was our first experience there and it was super yummy, especially the desert! Oh goodness! I love fondue! It was really interesting to just cook our meat and veggies there at the table but really yummy! And the (dark) chocolate fondue for desert was DELISH!

Went to Melbourne Ward for church and my sister Jessica gave us a scare. There was a combined 3rd hour meeting and my mom comes rushing in toward the end, grabs my purse, my arm and says "come with me now". I had a thought that something was wrong with Jess and as I came into the foyer, I see their Jeep pulled up to the door and she's lying on her side with the seat laid back. She was back in Primary and her legs just gave out on her and she couldn't put any weight on them, said they felt really numb and tingly. My mom was pushing me into the Jeep with orders to go with her and Rocky, so we rushed her to the emergency room to get checked out. I'm sure she will blog about it soon. Baby Ruthie is doing just fine and we think she might have just been pressing on a nerve or something that was cutting off circulation to her legs. She had an MRI and other tests but they couldn't really find anything.

She ended up going home that evening and yesterday she was able to put a little weight on her legs - just enough to hold onto the wall to get to the restroom. Today she says she's back to 100% so that is great news. She's 34 weeks I think so she will be ok to deliver anytime now - BUT it better not be while I'm in Ireland!!! Do you hear me Jessica?!

So just a couple of days and counting! My mom and I are leaving Thursday for Ireland! I'm super excited and can hardly wait! I am praying that Hurricane Hanna won't give any interference as far as weather and that we will be able to fly out of here with no problems. I will be sure to take lots of photos and post as soon as I can. Erin Go Braugh! I think I will pack most of my suitcase tonight to get a jump on things (I think my mom has already started her packing). My mom is a master packer.
I can only take one suitcase and one carry-on with me so I will need to be creative in my packing! This unfortunatley means that I will have to be conservative in the amount of shoes I take with me - oh bother! :)

So I finally finished editing the pictures of Nancy & Jason Fudge's wedding (July 26, 2008). They came out really nice and they were happy with them - that's all I wanted. If they're happy, I'm happy!

Here is the happy couple!





1 comment:

Jones said...

well, you were a lot quicker then me! I just blogged about MOST of my ER experience, don't you go telling anyone the 'other' details I left out!! lol

HOORAY! I really am back to normal! I guess me being a good girl all day yesterday (though it about killed me to stay in bed) really paid off!!

I can't thank you enough for all your help on Sunday AND for bringing me lunch yesterday!

about the packing...I actually thought about you having to limit your shoes for the trip....oh poor baby!